Keep calm and carry on!

Hello my friends, nice to be back blogging again. Sorry for the delay in posting, life gets in the way you know how it is!   Never really thought I would use the expression "keep calm and carry on" but this last week or so it has made total sense to me.
My computer died on the 1st of July :0(   so after a few very tense moments (okay more than a few!) my lovely daughter kindly offered to lend me her laptop, well she knew about it when she got home from school and I was on it!   I'm still on it 12 days later (poor daughter) and I'm managing fine. My lovely hubby sorted me out and showed me the ropes etc and as long as I have internet access I can still run my business. Trouble is all of my emails/pictures/files/accounts... everything....are still stuck on the hard drive of my old computer. I do pay monthly for tech support who said they could fix the computer but didn't say (until I asked) that they would automatically wipe the hard drive of all the information before even attempting a fix and I would get a blank computer back. They said I should have backed everything up, which is done on the computer but no use if you can't switch it on to retrieve it!  Needless to say I declined their kind offer to wipe my computer!
 Lesson learnt, I will buy another external hard drive to back everything onto so if the computer goes bang again I still have access to all my files. £40/£50 for an additional hard drive is a small price to pay for piece of mind. Luckily I have given my computer to a lovely chap who is fixing it as we speak and doesn't use a "sledge hammer to crack a nut" approach...unlike the tech support!
I'm still smiling, 
Hope all is well with you all and...sorry to moan
Thanks for listening, would love to hear from you! 
Hugs, Charlotte xx

6 comments:

  1. Hi!Oh thanks so much for visiting me Charlotte :0),i really hope your computer problems are sorted for you soon.
    Hope it's ok? i have put a link to your lovely store on my blog as the crafty girls know how much i love the primitive style.
    thanks again,
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou, loved reading your comments thanks so much! I am very touched you have put my link on your lovely blog, I couldn't be happier...thank you!! :0)
    Always a pleasure to meet another Prim gal!
    Charlotte xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh No!!We changed our computer recently and it has taken me forever to get to grips with the hew one!Your blog page looks lovely..
    Warm Wishes,
    Callie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlotte...
    Hope you get your computer problem sorted soon! I use an external hard drive to back up...I have so much stuff that I would hate to lose! Mind you if I didn't use the computer so much I would get lots more done...they are real time bandits!
    Carole xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like yo're up and running now!
    Have a great weekend.

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Callie, thanks for popping by and saying hello! Computer is back in its place and behaving itself... :0) xx

    Hi Carole, lovely to see you! New hard drive is doing its thing and I feel much more relaxed!!! See you soon xx

    Hi Sandie, thanks for visiting very nice to meet you! I'm off the laptop, daughter is happy and back in business! lol xx

    ReplyDelete