Cornish Coast


After a very chilly spell, at the first sign of a sunny day in March we wrapped up in coats and scarves and headed for the Cornish coast.  I needed a break and change of scene and to blow away the cobwebs!  The Atlantic coast is only an hour away with much to see but I wanted to go somewhere I had never been before so we ended up at Port Isaac 
I was captivated by the view just pulling up to the car park and could have happily gazed out of the window for hours! Even though it was a Saturday afternoon most things were shut as we are still in the off peak season.  So instead of heading into the town we walked along the coastal path.  Many of you will be familiar with the television programme Doc Martin this is where it is filmed!







After a lovely couple of hours basking in the sunshine, my daughter suggested that as we were so close, it would be great to go to the beach at Polzeath only 20 minutes away.  She has stayed here with friends before and loved it so much, she wanted us to see it.  We parked right on the beach with a level walk to the sea, just glorious!!  I can imagine it is packed in the Summer, but at this time of year, apart from the occasional dog walker or hardy surfer, we pretty much had the place to ourselves.




I felt invigorated after this little trip out, I love living on the Moor but the sea is so beautiful too!!  All the links in this post will give you more info about both places...well worth a visit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment